‹ All Courses
Talent Management and Succession Planning – A Systematic Approach
Talent management and succession planning is often reactive, completed within silos or influenced greatly by attributes unhealthy to the overall organization. Well before a position becomes available, a methodology and plan should be in place to enable the organization to respond. An effective talent management and succession plan includes a focus on the life cycle of an employee and preparing individuals for future opportunities. HR professionals need to be able to create, develop and implement a systematic approach to talent management and succession planning according to their organizations’ current culture and future needs. HR professionals can lead the way to move from reactive replacement planning to a proactive strategic and systematic solution. Talent Management and Succession Planning is critical to the ongoing support of your organization’s success. This program will also review relevant terms and laws that apply to this topic
PivotU Classroom & Webinar courses are scheduled based on public demand. Let us know “I’m interested” & we’ll make it happen for you!
Topics to be included:
- Understand the distinguishing factors and foundational tools for a systematic approach to Talent Management and Succession Planning
- Identify key characteristics of an effective Talent Management and Succession Planning Program.
- Integrate recruitment, onboarding, performance management, retention with Talent Management and Succession Planning.
- Define competencies and how they are identified and used in a systematic program.
- Define and develop internal successors.
- Prepare and communicate the action plan related to Talent Management and Succession Planning.
- Prepare for the problem situations that may arise making an active Talent Management and Succession Planning Program critical to the organization’s intellectual property and operational continuance.
- Explore the importance of engaging talent and creating a deep sense of community at work.
- Adopt practical tools for the implementation of your Talent Management and Succession Planning programs.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate talent management programs that include assessing talent, developing career paths, and managing the placement of high-potential employees.
- Provide a consistent and rewarding approach to managing, motivating, mentoring and coaching organizational talent.
Who should attend
- HR professionals
Submitted for 6.0 Recertification Credits