Employment Law Intensive
Attend this course to learn about employment law and gain understanding of developing, implementing, and evaluating sourcing, recruitment, hiring, orientation, succession planning, retention, and organizational exit programs that are necessary to ensure the workforce’s ability to achieve the organizations goals and objectives.
This intensive will include how to:
- Identify workforce requirements to achieve the organization’s short- and long-term goals and objectives.
- Identify, review, document, and update essential job functions for positions.
- Influence and establish criteria for hiring, retaining, and promoting based on job descriptions and required competencies.
- Analyze labor market for trends that impact the ability to meet workforce requirements.
- Brand and market the organization to potential qualified applicants.
- Development and implement selection procedures.
- Develop and extend employment offer and conduct negotiations as necessary.
- Administer post-offer employment activities.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an affirmative action plan as required.
Specific knowledge covered includes:
- Recruitment sources for targeting passive, semi-active and active candidates.
- Reliability and validity of selection tests/tools/methods.
- Use and interpretation of selection tests.
- Interviewing techniques.
- Impact of compensation and benefits on recruitment and retention.
- Voluntary and involuntary terminations, downsizing, restructuring, and outplacement strategies and practices.