‹ All Courses
Conflict Management for HR Professionals
As HR professionals, we are in a unique position. We are in the middle representing the needs of management and the employees, yet always keeping an eye on the bottom line. This is a tough, tricky place to be, and this course is specifically designed to help HR professionals learn how to effectively deal with conflict in your work environment. This program will take the perspective of how to deal with conflict when you are the neutral “mediator” and when you are in conflict with others. It will explore all aspects of “alternative dispute resolution” and its best practices.
PivotU Classroom & Webinar courses are scheduled based on public demand. Let us know “I’m interested” & we’ll make it happen for you!
Also available as an on-site program.
- Learn when it is appropriate to mediate and when it is not. When it is not appropriate – what role should HR assume?
- Understand the role positional power plays in mediation and how to provide more “balance” in the meeting.
- Learn the steps to resolving conflict and confrontation and tips, tools and practices to use in each step of the process.
- Gain the skills necessary to diffuse angry employees and deescalate emotional derailers.
- Understand your natural style in conflict resolution and what might prove to be challenging as a result of this style.
- Explore a deep dive into the core communication skills necessary for conflict resolution.
- Discover tips for facilitating agreements that are SMART and sustainable with a “fail safe” option.
- Explore the difficulties of an “impasse” and other challenges in mediation with tips and tools for resolution.
Who should attend
- Human Resource Professionals
- External Consultants
Submitted for 6.0 Recertification Credits