Compensation and Benefits Intensive
Facilitator: Jack Guskin, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Unable to attend all the sessions of PivotU’s HR Certification Prep Course? Then you may register for individual sessions. This session will focus on the Compensation and Benefits area of the exam. The questions in this functional area of the exam are related to developing/selecting, implementing/administering, and evaluating compensation and benefits programs for all employee groups in order to support the organization’s goals, objectives, and values.
Specific responsibilities covered in this area of the exam include:
- Ensure that compensation and benefits programs are compliant with applicable federal laws and regulations.
- Manage payroll-related information.
- Conduct compensation and benefits programs needs assessments.
- Communicate and train the workforce in the compensation and benefits programs, policies and processes.
Specific knowledge covered in this area of the exam includes:
- Applicable federal laws and regulations related to compensation, benefits, and tax.
- Compensation and benefits strategies.
- Budgeting and accounting practices related to compensation and benefits.
- Job evaluation methods.
- Job pricing and pay structures.
- External labor markets and/or economic factors.
- Noncash compensation methods.
- Benefits programs.
- Fiduciary responsibilities related to compensation and benefits.
(For a comprehensive list of all responsibilities for this Function area, see HRCI.com)